Our Mobile Veterinary Practice Comes to Your House if You Require a Pet Microchip
A pet microchip enables lost pets to be reunited with their owners.
The Benefits When You Microchip Your Dog
Dogs and Cats have a much better chance of being reunited with their family if they have a microchip. We want you to be able to welcome your pet home again as soon as possible.
- The chip is roughly the size of a grain of rice, and we implant it under the skin at the back of the neck, between the shoulder blades.
- The chip has a unique number. Local councils, animal shelters, and vets use a microchip scanner to check a lost dog or cat for contact information. It is the most sure way to reunite them with their owners.
- Bring your information up to date as quickly as possible if you move to another address. Also new owners should record their contact details with the appropriate pet registry when a transfer or ownership takes place.
- Record or change your details on the Pet Registry website, which displays all pet microchip brands. Doing so will make your contact information available to the National Pet Microchip Registration Database for as long as you own the animal.
It is mandatory to chip your pets in Queensland. The procedure causes minor discomfort, is safe, uncomplicated, and only takes a few seconds. View our fees.
Problems You Avoid When We Microchip Your Dog or Cat at Home
Unfortunately it is not uncommon for pets to be misplaced. They may get confused when they move to a new environment. Fireworks cause them to run and hide. Some dogs may wander and find ways to escape.
- All puppies and kittens must be microchipped between 8 and 12 weeks of age by law.
- Ensure your puppy or kitten has been microchipped before coming to your home.
- A microchip is the best way to ensure pets may be returned asap and kept out of pounds.
We offer mobile vet services that include vaccinations, annual health checks, in depth and personalised at home veterinary consultations, quality of life assessments and comprehensive laboratory testing. In addition we also offer facilitation of surgical procedures, delivery or food and medications and much more.
About microchipping at Home Vet Service
Our compassionate vet will keep your pets as relaxed as possible in the comfort of home. By placing the microchip at home it is more stress free and requires no sedation or anaesthetic.
Contact us if you have questions or to make an appointment.