We Administer Kitten Vaccinations at Home
We offer a selection of kitten and cat vaccinations depending on their needs and exposure. It’s imperative to protect your animals from preventable diseases. Please contact us and seek the assistance of Home Vet Service for your pets vaccination needs.
The Importance of Vaccinations for Puppies
There’s no doubt about the effectiveness of vaccinations for dogs. Some diseases which were once widespread are fortunately no longer seen due to the uptake of routine dog vaccinations. Scientific studies have now demonstrated that the immunity vaccination lasts longer than previously thought.
- Reduce the possibility of contracting or passing on a preventable disease. Puppies are of highest risk in contracting some preventable diseases due to a developing immune system. Vaccines are given regularly to puppies due this and because maternal antibodies interfere with uptake of vaccine.
- Its important to get the puppy vaccines completed so they can become socialised with other dogs and then are free to go outside with their owners, become environmentally stimulated and socialised with other animals and people.
- Preventable diseases such as Parvo virus is incredibly contagious, can be fatal and often results in long expensive stays in hospital.
What You Should Know About Vaccinations for Cats
We can formulate an individual vaccination protocol based on activity and location of your cat. Similarly to dogs it has now been shown that immunity for the core vaccines last longer than previously thought.
- In Australia, the core vaccines for cats include feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus and feline herpesvirus. In addition we can offer optional vaccines such as FIV, and chlamydia.
- Kittens and puppies normally receive three sets of vaccines, 4 weeks apart from 6-8 weeks of age.
Why Choose Home Vet Service
We provide professional care for your pets in the convenience of your home. With over 15 years of experience, you can be confident in our knowledge and skills to treat your pet in the kindest way possible.
Contact us to set up an appointment for your pet’s vaccination.